Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blogging? For school?

For my first official blog, it would only be appropriate for me to discuss how I got here. Simply for an assignment. Why would I be assigned such a bizarre task? Social media is at a all time high, and as future educators, correction, technology educators, we need to be able to take societies interests and apply them to the classroom. Besides facebook and twitter, blogs have allowed anyone to express themselves and publicize their opinions. 

Inevitably this includes students. Some students blog themselves, while others just read blogs. Either way 21st century children are exposed to them. So what does this mean for education? I can think of a plethora of things.What are your ideas?


Blogging will change the classrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Great looking site, Ilana!

    I think blogging is great way for children to "talk back" to books, to each other's ideas, to the teacher. I teach third grade, and I can tell you, children love to talk! This way they can do it without creating a wall of noise in the classrooom that could disturb others who need silence to process text or their own thoughts. Kind of like a sanctioned version of those notes my generation loved to pass to one another--before texting!

    ReplyDelete